Just had a good good good long long long talk with Miss Foo.
I feel so much better now, finally like a load off my chest. It was really good to have a heart-to-heart talk, its like talking to a friend but instead its talking to a friend who can give you CONSTRUCTIVE advice! Well, i was a little hesitant at first, but after a while (okay 5 minutes) everything just started pouring out, and i think Miss Foo was really nice to listen to me, give me advice, and talk to me and comfort me (=
Miss Foo's just very nice. (=
Today had the high achievers workshop thing, and boy! It was fun! Not like last year where the coach was super suckish. This year's coach was damn hilarious, and well, at least he got the boys to pay attention! :D And i think this year's workshop was preeetty good and relevant, it was about "Winning Relationships". Relationships as in friendships.
I realise that i don't need a friend who puts me down and leaves me behind as and when she feels like it. A true friend is some one who encourages you when you're in despair, comforts you when you're sad, and share your joy with you when you're happy! The workshop really thought me a lot - communication is important. Mutual understanding is important too. The way you act is also important to a friendship.. Trust is important. If you don't have trust, and keep doubting your friends, means you don't even trust the person at all. You can totally forget about the friendship.
I really learnt a lot today - and i'm grateful for it. I guess its time to learn the painful way, so that we'll realise that we can't trust people 100% anymore in the future!
Hmm, this is a quote that Miss Foo said to me:
You cannot control how others feel or think,
But you can control your own actions.
It means a lot to me, i don't think i'll forget it in the many years to come. Its really meaningful! I hope my life will take a change for the better. I'm starting to see a glimmer of hope in my life, without all those friends who put me down! =)
I feel so much better. Sometimes, teachers are just the best listening ears you can ever find.
